Universalis

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Walk in Rothiemurchus - 7

It was starting get dark by the time I had finished my walk. It was time to get home and to bed!



I had enjoyed a wonderful day in Rothiemurchus - and one hymn came to mind as I made my thanksgiving.

Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy,
whose trust, ever childlike, no cares could destroy,
be there at our waking, and give us, we pray,
your bliss in our hearts, Lord, at the break of the day.

Lord of all eagerness, Lord of all faith,
whose strong hands were skilled at the plane and the lathe,
be there at our labours, and give us, we pray,
your strength in our hearts, Lord, at the noon of the day.

Lord of all kindliness, Lord of all grace,
your hands swift to welcome, your arms to embrace,
be there at our homing, and give us, we pray,
your love in our hearts, Lord, at the eve of the day.

Lord of all gentleness, Lord of all calm,
whose voice is contentment, whose presence is balm,
be there at our sleeping, and give us, we pray,
your peace in our hearts, Lord, at the end of the day.




Not sure I would appreciate all those bells at bedtime!

No comments: