Universalis

Saturday 17 November 2012

The Garden of Westhill - 52

The deed is done! The slate hearth has been treated with virgin olive oil and the oak floor has been polished. It is now time to furnish the conservatory for the winter months and light the stove.



I was a bit in the dumps during midsummer with my broken leg and so it was suggested that I should get on with a project that I would otherwise have put off. The idea was that one day, when the project was complete, I would look back at the summer and think it wasn't so bad after all.

Well, we are not yet in the bleak midwinter, but it is not all that far away. Hopefully I will soon be warming myself at the fire and thinking someone is smiling on me!

Praise to the Lord, the almighty, the King of creation;
O my soul, praise him, for he is thy health and salvation:
All ye who hear,
Brothers and sisters draw near,
Joining in glad adoration.

Praise to the Lord, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shieldeth thee gently from harm, or when fainting sustaineth:
Hast thou not seen
How thy heart's wishes have been
Granted in what he ordaineth?

Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely his goodness and mercy shall daily attend thee:
Ponder anew
What the Almighty can do,
If to the end he befriend thee.

Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in me adore him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before him!
Let the Amen
Sound from his people again:
Gladly for ay we adore him.




The next time you see the conservatory it will be decked out in festal array for the Christmas season.

No comments: