Universalis

Wednesday 5 September 2007

I will sing to the Lord!



Here we see four horses and their riders about to cross the Petersham Road and go on Ham Common. It reminds me of the Exodus Canticle at the Easter Vigil:

I will sing to the Lord, glorious his triumph!

I will sing to the Lord, glorious his triumph!
Horse and rider he has thrown into the sea!
The Lord is my stength, my song, my salvation.
This is my God and I extol him,
My Father's God and I give him praise.


I will sing to the Lord, glorious his triumph!

Fortunately, the riders crossed Ham Common without being thrown into the pond!

Please note the splendid traffic light - not for pedestrians - but for horse and rider!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog! :) Do add it to the Christian blog page at http://www.puresearch.org.uk so other Catholics/Christians can view it! God Bless

John the organist said...

Do you know the John Gibbons setting of this Easter Vigil psalm - it has an exciting glissando in the piano part to illustrate the Egyptians being swallowed up!

Peter Simpson said...

No, I don't know it. I have to say that I like the organ to be silent at the Vigil until the Gloria - when 'all hell is let loose'! After much persuasion I have managed to achieve this at Ham.