Universalis

Sunday 3 March 2013

3rd Sunday of Lent

Here we see a fig tree - unlike the one we hear about in the gospel today, this one is bearing fruit.



Time for my favourite Lent hymn!

Christian, dost thou see them on the holy ground,
How the troops of Midian prowl and prowl around?
Christian, up and smite them, counting gain but loss,
Smite them by the merit of the holy cross.

Christian, dost thou feel them, how they work within,
Striving, tempting, luring, goading into sin?
Christian, never tremble; never be downcast;
Smite them by the virtue of the Lenten fast.

Christian, dost thou hear them, how they speak thee fair?
“Always fast and vigil? Always watch and prayer?”
Christian, answer boldly: “While I breathe I pray!”
Peace shall follow battle, night shall end in day.

“Well I know thy trouble, O my servant true;
Thou art very weary, I was weary, too;
But that toil shall make thee some day all Mine own,
But the end of sorrow shall be near my throne.”



Happy Sunday!

No comments: