Universalis

Monday 16 July 2007

Who exactly is this Bishop Edward Darling?



Here you can see my boss - Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, questioning me on the recent content of the blog.

No, I'm only joking! This photo was taken at a luncheon held recently at Notre Dame School, Cobham. Earlier in the day I had acted as deacon to the Cardinal at a Sung Mass to mark the 70th Anniversary of the founding of the School.

The Cardinal was born in 1932, Bishop Edward in 1933, and Notre Dame School was founded in 1937. I am a real youngster - having been born in 1953!

3 comments:

John the organist said...

Caption competition:
As I said to the Archbishop of Canterbury last week.....
More wine???
And why shouldn't I be censed?

John the organist said...

Funny we're the only people at this table...
WHich one is in fancy dress?

Peter Simpson said...

Deacon - It is a pity that Church of Ireland bishops don't wear zucchettos. Edward would suit one.

Cardinal - Well he's not having mine!