Universalis

Saturday 7 July 2012

The Highest University in the Land - 6

Everyone listened very attentively as the Chancellor addressed the assembly.

The Installation Ceremony

1. Now as I start upon my chosen way,
In all I do, my thoughts, my work, my play;
Grant as I Promise, Courage, Lord for me
To be the best, the Best that I can be.

2. Help me to keep my Honour shining bright
May I be loyal in the hardest fight;
Let me be able for my task and then
To earn a place among my fellow men.

3. Open mine eyes to see things as I should,
That I may do my daily turn of good
Let me be ready, waiting for each need
To keep me clean in thought and word and deed.

4. So as I journey on my chosen way,
In all I do, my thoughts, my work, my play,
Grant as I Promise, Courage, Lord for me
To be the best, the Best that I can be.

No comments: