Universalis

Tuesday 17 June 2008

Ham Common - 22

One of the young altar servers at Westminster Cathedral asked me recently what was my favourite liturgical colour. Without a moments thought I answered 'green' and went on to set the record straight by stating that I much preferred gothic vestments to roman vestments. He looked surprised - but I said I was in good company. I said you only have to look at nature to realise that green is God's favourite colour too!



This view of the back garden of the flats in Langham House Close seems to make my point! Tomorrow I shall be taking you to Plockton on the North West Coast of Scotland - there will be plenty of green there too!

1 comment:

Edbowie said...

I prefer gothic vestments; I particularly like the full length chasubles that Fr Slawomir sports from time to time.