Universalis

Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Garden of Westhill - 32

The installation of the wood-burning stove was quite an undertaking - it took a week to complete.



Much of the work involved fireproofing those parts of the conservatory wall that were most likely to feel the heat! To my pleasant surprise, no planning permission was required, but I did have the decency to request the 'blessing' of my next-door neighbours, who would have to look at the chimney and smell the smoke. One of my neighbours said he minded very much - he was really jealous!!

You can see the potatoes growing in the right hand raised bed prior to harvesting at the beginning of September. I am enjoying eating them at present, along with the runner beans which have done so well this year. And yes, even my tomatoes are just stating to show signs of ripening!

No comments: