Universalis

Thursday 22 September 2011

UHI Celebration - 20

Then they came to Capernaum; and when he was in the house he asked them, 'What were you arguing about on the way?' But they were silent, for on the way they had argued with one another about who was the greatest. (Mark 9:33-34)



Here we see The Right Reverend Hugh Gilbert OSB, The Right Reverend Mark Strange, and Cardinal Keith O'Brien.

The Right Reverend Hugh Gilbert is the Bishop of Aberdeen. He was appointed by Pope Benedict XVI on 4 June 2011. He had previously served as Abbot of Pluscarden Abbey. He was ordained bishop by Cardinal Keith O'Brien on 15 August 2011.

The Right Reverend Mark Strange was consecrated and installed as Bishop of Moray, Ross & Caithness in St Andrew's Cathedral, Inverness on Saturday 13 October 2007. He was elected as the new bishop on 2 June 2007.

Cardinal Keith O'Brien is the Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh. Cardinal O’Brien was nominated on 30 May 1985 and was ordained to the episcopate on 5 August 1985. Pope John Paul II created him a Cardinal on 21 October 2003.

I am of course only joking about them arguing with one another about who is the greatest. No, they were arguing about who should say grace at the reception in the Town House!

It was great seeing these three church leaders playing such a central role in the celebration on 25 August 2011.

One more step along the world I go,
one more step along the world I go;
from the old things to the new
keep me travelling along with you:
Refrain:
And it's from the old I travel to the new;
keep me travelling along with you.


Round the corners of the world I turn,
more and more about the world I learn;
all the new things that I see
you'll be looking at along with me: Refrain

As I travel through the bad and good,
keep me travelling the way I should;
where I see no way to go
you'll be telling me the way, I know: Refrain

Give me courage when the world is rough,
keep me loving though the world is tough;
leap and sing in all I do,
keep me travelling along with you: Refrain

You are older than the world can be,
you are younger than the life in me;
ever old and ever new,
keep me travelling along with you: Refrain



Well, tomorrow the blog changes into Autumnal colours as we head off to Balmoral Castle in Royal Deeside.

No comments: