Universalis

Friday 11 June 2010

Feast of the Sacred Heart

Today we celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.



All ye who seek a comfort sure
in trouble and distress,
whatever sorrow vex the mind,
or guilt the soul oppress:

Jesus, who gave himself for you
upon the cross to die,
opens to you his sacred heart;
oh, to that heart draw nigh.

Ye hear how kindly he invites;
ye hear his words so blest:
'all ye that labour come to me,
and I will give you rest.'

Jesus, thou joy of saints on high,
thou hope of sinners here,
attracted by those loving words
to thee I lift my prayer.

Wash thou my wounds in that dear blood,
which forth from thee doth flow;
new grace, new hope inspire, a new
and better heart bestow.

From the Latin

Happy Feast!

1 comment:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Lovely post Peter! Hey I've gone from yr favourite blogs! Then again I do rather come & go!