Universalis

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Genesis - 1

During Lent I shall being to be doing a very simple Bible study on this blog. It will be based on the Book of Genesis. I very much doubt that I will be able to find a suitable photo to accompany each reading, so I will probably just give you a nice photo of somewhere on one the Scottish Isles to look at! I hope to visit one or two of the Isles myself during the summer months, so it may well whet my appetite and give me some ideas.

We start on the Isle of Arran in the South West of Scotland, and I shall work my way round clockwise to the Shetland Islands in the North East.



In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.

God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
(Genesis 1.1-5)

Let us make a point of praising God every morning and every evening. Just as in Scotland the days are now lengthening and the nights are shortening, may we all grow spiritually during this Season of Lent.

No comments: