Universalis

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Welcome Spring - 2



I paid a visit to Inverness during Easter Week - and here is a lovely springtime photo taken from the footbridge over the River Ness - close to St Mary's Catholic Church. You can see the daffodils on the river bank, and yes - deep snow on the hills! Inverness 'enjoyed' rather more snow than London did on Easter Sunday.

Before the Solemn Mass in Westminster Cathedral on Easter Sunday I jokingly told Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor that he should tell the congregation the story about the old lady who offered him a hot water bottle to wear underneath his vestments one freezing cold Christmas Day. Imagine my shock when he broke away from his text and began his homily to the congregation of 3,500 people with this story. It got a good laugh!

By the way, I must give McDonald's in Inverness a plug. I paid 99p for a cup of fair-trade coffee (which I purchased after attending the 10 am Mass in St Mary's), and was able to publish my post for Easter Thursday using my ipod touch! They have a complimentary wi-fi hot spot. I am the second blogger to give this particular branch of McDonald's praise. Fr Tim Finigan lauded their 'Big Mac's' prior to his visit to Pluscarden Abbey last September!

No comments: