Here we see Glenlivet Post Office which is located at the side of Aultlarie Farmhouse. The Post Office is very much the centre of everyday community life in the Highlands.
In 1913, Robert Stuart, carpenter and joiner, built Glenlivet Post Office onto his house, having taken on the role of sub-postmaster from the local blacksmith. In 1950, Robert's son Tom took over running the Post Office with his wife Ida. The Post Office moved to new premises in 1996 when they retired.
The complete Post Office was acquired by the Highland Folk Museum in 2000. It has been rebuilt exactly as acquired with fixtures and fittings from the counter to the clock.