Universalis

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Feast of St Thomas Aquinas - 2

Here is a close up of the sanctuary at St Thomas Aquinas, Ham - prepared for Mass in the Ordinary Form (Modern Roman Rite). We see the crib beneath the altar which will remain in place until Candlemas.



I am not like Thomas, wounds I cannot see,
But can plainly call thee Lord and God for he;
This faith each day deeper be my holding of,
Daily make me harder hope and dearer love.

O thou our reminder of Christ crucified,
Living Bread, the life of us for whom he died,
Lend this life to me then; feed and feast my mind,
There be thou the sweetness man was meant to find.

Jesu, whom I look at shrouded here below,
I beseach thee send me what I long for so,
Some day to gaze on thee face to face in light
And be blest for ever with thy glory's sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy feast Day..