Universalis

Thursday 24 May 2007

Proclaim the Good News to all creation

At my ordination as a deacon in 1997, I was given a charge by the bishop to proclaim and preach the gospel. It is an enormous privilege to do so. But although this task is normally restricted to the ordained minister within the context of liturgical worship, we are all called to be ambassadors of Christ in our everyday lives.

It is often the school pupil telling their friends about Jesus which makes the big impression. Sometimes, when as a clergyman I preach the gospel people think ''well you would say that wouldn't you , you are ordained!' It is sometimes the friend whose witness makes the biggest impression.

I love the Gospel Acclamation which we sang last Sunday:

Alleluia! Alleluia!
Go and teach all people my gospel.
I am with you always, until the end of the world.
Alleluia!

No comments: