Universalis

Sunday 22 April 2007

All the fun of the fair!

This week-end we have had a fair on Ham Common, and I have been watching it from my living room window. I am fond of fairs, and felt attracted by the bright lights and music, and was eager to have a ride on the big wheel. However, I was rather hesitant to go, because I thought I might look a right twit if one of my parishioners were to see me!

However, the opening prayer at Mass this morning gave me courage:

God our Father,
may we look forward with hope to our resurrection,
for you have made us your sons and daughters,
and restored the joy of our youth.

So, with my youth renewed, I went and had a great time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun. I really love fairs and enjoy more scary rides like rollercoasters, etc. Sadly my family are all complete wusses so dont EVER come on the rides with me, but luckily I can usually bring along a daring friend to go on the rides with!

Hope you loved the fair and good to see somebody giving in to their inner-fun loving-child!!!

Florence-7y

xxx

Peter Simpson said...

Yes it was good fun - but rather tame! The Chapel is having a trip to Legoland Windsor on Saturday 23 June, and there are some more exciting rides there.