Universalis

Tuesday 3 April 2007

10th Station - Jesus is stripped

Few of us can like being frisked at airport security - I know that when I lived in Belfast in the 1980's, I got annoyed at being frisked whenever I entered the City Centre. Our personal space is invaded, we feel somewhat humiliated.

Just imagine how our Lord must have felt being stripped of his garments. The soldiers were going to divide his clothes among themselves.

Yet Jesus doesn't share his clothes with you and me - no, he shares his life with us! By his wounds we are healed. Isn't it wonderful how his divinity shines so brightly in this picture?

Lord, the light of your love is shining, in the midst of the darkness shining: Jesus, light of the world, shine upon us; set us free by the truth you now bring us - shine on me, shine on me. Amen.

No comments: