Universalis

Saturday 23 February 2013

Lenten Pilgrimage - 10

Today we are visiting St Mary in the Fields, Culloden. You may remember that we visited this church during the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.



Bishop Mark visited this church during January and reported as follows: 'On Sunday I led worship at St Mary in the Field’s, Culloden. I was allowed to do my own thing as I was covering for the clergy who were away on holiday; it is amazing how quickly you forget just what needs to be prepared, I got away with it all though, I think!'

I have to confess that I have never been inside the church (although it is only 1 mile from my house), but have sometimes studied it from the outside when I have been seen by my GP. The consulting rooms at Culloden Surgery look out over the church building.

Father, hear the prayer we offer:
not for ease that prayer shall be,
but for strength, that we may ever
live our lives courageously.

Not for ever in green pastures
do we ask our way to be ;
but the steep and rugged pathway
may we tread rejoicingly.

Not forever by still waters
would we idly rest and stay;
but would smite the living fountains
from the rocks along our way.

Be our strength in hours of weakness,
in our wanderings be our Guide;
through endeavor, failure, danger,
Father, be thou at our side.


No comments: