Universalis

Friday 3 December 2010

Orkney Islands - 25

Here we see the north side of the Italian Chapel - showing clearly the basic Nissan hut construction.



The exterior of the east end of the Chapel is very ugly - very different to the beautiful west end.



Sadly, most of us are rather two-faced! There is the pleasant side that we like people to see and admire, but there is also an unpleasant side to most of our characters. God can see both sides. Let us pray that during this season of Advent we will hear the voice of John the Baptist crying in the wilderness, and repent.

Advent is a good time to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Have mercy, Lord, on me,
As Thou wert ever kind;
Let me, oppressed with loads of guilt,
Thy wonted mercy find.

Wash off my foul offense,
And cleanse me from my sin;
For I confess my crimes, and see
How great my guilt has been.

The joy Thy favour gives
Let me again obtain,
And Thy free Spirit’s firm support
My fainting soul sustain.

To God the Father, Son,
And Spirit glory be,
As ’twas, and is, and shall be so
To all eternity.


N Tate and N Brady (1698)

No comments: