Universalis

Monday 7 December 2009

Advent Hymns - 9



Waken, O sleeper, wake and rise,
salvation's day is near,
and let the dawn of light and truth
dispel the night of fear.

Let us prepare to face the day
of judgement and of grace,
to live as people of the light,
and perfect truth embrace.

Watch, then, and pray, we cannot know
the moment or the hour,
when Christ, unheralded, will come
with life-renewing power.

Then shall the nations gather round
to learn his ways of peace,
when spears to pruning-hooks are turned,
and all our conflicts cease.

Michael Forster (b. 1946)

4 comments:

breadgirl said...

Deacon Peter
I have just found your blog. Very nice! I'll be looking in regularly. Do you have a place for followers? I couldn't find it if you have. Keep on blogging! God bless you.

Peter Simpson said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I didn't have a place for followers because I assumed it would be empty! I have just added a space and would be delighted to see your name added to the list.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.

Peter Simpson said...

I'm pleased you found my blog - but am intrigued how the Google search led to it!!