Universalis

Sunday 31 August 2008

From the Archive - 10

For my final posting as Chaplain, I thought I would have one more look at the Chapel of the Resurrection before I climb down the stairs and head out of the School for the last time. This photo was taken during Eastertide 2004.



I will end with a prayer:

To this temple, where we call thee,
Come, O Lord of Hosts, today;
With thy wonted loving kindness
Hear thy people as they pray;
And thy fullest benediction
Shed within its walls for ay.

Here vouchsafe to all thy servants
What they supplicate to gain;
Here to have and hold for ever
Those good things their prayers obtain,
And hereafter in thy glory
With the blessed ones to reign.

Laud and honour to the Father;
Laud and honour to the Son;
Laud and honour to the Spirit;
Ever Three and ever One:
Consubstantial, co-eternal,
While unending ages run. Amen.

Well, the blog will continue tomorrow, and it will be called 'The Deacon of Ham' until I move up to Scotland at the beginning of November - when it will be re-named 'Hills of the North, Rejoice!'

We shall start September back in Petersham Nurseries!

No comments: