Universalis

Saturday 2 August 2008

Farewell to Latymer - 34

I am most grateful to my MC (pictured here) - who took all the photos (except this one!) of my final service and barbecue. The Chapel was very full for the last service - and the weather was 'heavy', so for this one occasion we didn't use incense at the service. I had to give the MC something to do - so Chief Photographer seemed a good idea. He didn't let me down!



I have been blessed with some excellent altar servers in the Chapel of the Resurrection - they have even coped with me being left-handed! Much is down to the superb example set by the MC. What a pity that so many parishes make so little use of altar servers. The Modern Roman Rite deserves descent serving just as much as the Extra-Ordinary Rite.

1 comment:

John the organist said...

The servers salute you! Well said!