Universalis

Thursday 13 December 2007

The Word of the Lord - 11

Then one of the seraphs flew to me, holding in his hand a live coal which he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. With this he touched my mouth and said; 'See now, this has touched your lips, your sin is taken away, your iniquity is purged'. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying: 'Whom shall I send? who will be our messenger?' I answered, 'Here I am, send me'. (Isaiah 6:6-8)



Bright the vision that delighted
Once the sight of Judah's seer;
Sweet the countless tongues united
To entrance the prophet's ear.

Round the Lord in glory seated
Cherubim and Seraphim
Filled his temple, and repeated
Each to each the alternate hymn:

Lord, thy glory fills the heaven;
Earth is with its fulness stored;
Unto thee be glory given,
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord.'

No comments: