Universalis

Monday 17 October 2011

Ballater Railway Station - 1

After visiting Balmoral Castle and Crathie Kirk this summer, I travelled to Ballater. I did not travel by Her Majesty's favoured means of transport - Bluebird Buses. I still have a little time to go before I get my free bus pass.



Ballater is a burgh in Aberdeenshire, Scotland on the River Dee, immediately east of the Cairngorm Mountains. Situated at a height of 123m (700ft) in elevation, Ballater is a centre for hikers and known for its spring water, once said to cure scrofula. Balmoral Castle, the British Royal Family's holiday home, lies approximately 14km west, and the family has visited the town frequently since the time of Queen Victoria.

I visited a couple of stores which (like Bluebird Buses) have received Royal Warrants from the Queen.

No comments: