Universalis

Tuesday 4 March 2008

Psalter: Week 4 - Tuesday

Today we turn to Psalm 143.



Blessed be the Lord, my rock
who trains my arms for battle,
who prepares my hands for war.

He is my love, my fortress;
he is my strongold, my saviour,
my shield, my place of refuge.
He brings people under my rule.

Lord, what is man that you care for him,
mortal man, that you keep him in mind;
man, who is merely a breath
whose life fades like a shadow?

Lower your heavens and come down;
touch the mountains; wreathe them in smoke.
Flash your lightenings; rout the foe,
shoot your arrows and put them to flight.

Reach down from heaven and save me;
draw me out from the mighty waters,
from the hands of alien foes
whose mouths are filled with lies,
whose hands are raised in perjury.

To you, O God, will I sing a new song;
I will play on the ten-stringed harp
to you who give kings their victory,
who set David your servant free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a nice photo of the Red Arrows.Do you know where it was taken as it looks like it could be above RAF Valley on Anglesey.

Peter Simpson said...

I'm afraid I don't know where the photo was taken - I was not flying at the time! Interested to hear that you think it might be over Anglesey.